Now that I’m home all day, I find myself getting on Pinterest a little more often and planning our meals based around stuff I’ve pinned in the past year or more that I just haven’t gotten to yet.
Whole Foods had blueberries on sale a few weeks ago so I stocked up and froze half of what I bought (about 2 pints). I came across this pinned recipe and it seemed easy enough to make so I went for it, but I made a few adjustments to suit our tastes. They turned out wonderfully! Hearty and slightly sweet. Just delish.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Oatmeal Scones (adapted from Yummy Mummy Kitchen)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup regular oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter, milk and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- Scoop 1/2 cup balls of dough and place on cookie sheet a few inches apart. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand (I didn’t do that in the batch above and the middle was slightly undercooked).
- Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack.