I got a bee in my bonnet the other day about prepping my meals better. I’ve relied on using the cafe downstairs from my office, and the surrounding quick restaurants, way too often recently.
So I did some searching (on Pinterest, of course) and found a fun and different tuna salad idea. I made it last night and I’m eating it for lunch as I’m typing this. So good. If you like fruity tuna or chicken salad, that is.
I found the recipe on Skinny Kitchen and made it exactly as she wrote it. I eat a lot of food, so this is about 2 servings for me, though if I keep eating while posting I may just finish the whole thing off without paying attention. (UPDATE: That’s exactly what happened.)
- 1 can of white albacore tuna, (water packed) drained well
- ½ cup chopped apples, unpeeled (I would suggest Granny Smith)
- ⅓ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onions
- 3 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients.
- How's that for an instruction list???
I would suggest using a Granny Smith or other tart apple, as I found the Fuji I used was maybe a little too sweet.