Cauliflower is not my favorite vegetable. My husband LOVES it, but to me it’s really boring. I mean, it’s white. That’s just weird for a vegetable.
I picked up a head of cauliflower the other day in an effort to expand my horizons. I figured I’d try that cauliflower pizza crust or some such thing, but wound up deciding to just roast it to go along with some chicken thighs. It was actually really delicious and I’m looking forward to making it again. Who knew roasting cauliflower would convert me to a cauli-lover?
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower florets in olive oil.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl, and add the oiled cauliflower. Toss to coat.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread the cauliflower out in one layer. Drizzle with more olive oil, if you roll like that (I do!).
- Bake for 30 minutes or so until the cauliflower is tender and slightly browned.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow my Side Dishes board on Pinterest. You’ll find lots of great inspiration there!