These honey roasted chickpeas were a HIT! Carter kept asking if he could have more so I definitely need to get some more cans of chickpeas. They were easy and a really yummy snack.
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp oil (I used canola)
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas until the bubbles are gone. Peel the skin off the beans. Lay the chickpeas on a clean towel and gently dry them.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet and put the chickpeas on the sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- While they're baking, whisk the oil and honey in a small bowl.
- Add the hot chickpeas to the honey mixture and toss to coat. Put back on the baking sheet and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until carmelized. Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool.
(NOTE: I’m not entirely sure you HAVE to peel the beans, but I did anyway. Some recipes suggest you do, and some don’t. If you make it without peeling, let me know how it turns out!)