I’m loving all these apples and pears these days. Maybe I’ll make a small pot of butternut squash and apple soup this week. Have any good recipes? As for last week’s delicata squash, I roasted them with some salt, pepper and brown sugar. The recipe I saw had you slather them in butter first but I forgot, which is just as well since I’m trying to lose some weight. They were still yummy, though. But before I get to the recipe, here’s our loot this week.
You should see the stash of potatoes I have right now. Good thing they keep for months!
- 3 delicata squash
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash your squash and slice in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and strings from the middle of the squash
- Cut each half lengthwise again to make "boats."
- Salt and pepper each boat generously, and then sprinkle brown sugar evenly over all the slices.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lay the squash out, leaving a little space in between each one so they can breathe.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender (Use a fork to poke it. The fork shouldn't meet any resistance.).