It’s strawberry season!
Since the weather’s been so warm, the strawberries ripened early and my CSA farm moved their strawberry festival weekend up to the weekend I was away in Philly. What a bummer! I’m so sad that I missed strawberry-picking, but at least our farmer’s market has a ton for great prices.
A few weeks ago I featured a recipe from Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. I made a few changes to mine…leaving out the cream cheese, and adding bananas. It was so freaking delicious. I couldn’t take pictures fast enough. I was DYING to dig into this madness.
Here’s how I made it.
Strawberry, Banana and Nutella Sandwich
Inspired by Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Nutella
- 1/3 of a banana, sliced
- 1-2 strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side, and spread with Nutella on the other side (yes, this is going to get messy).
- Put one slice of bread, butter side down, in the skillet. Place strawberries and bananas to cover the Nutella, and place other slice of bread, Nutella side down, on top.
- Cook until lightly browned, and then CAREFULLY flip over to the other side. Finish cooking until this side is browned as well.
- Slice and serve!
You can find this recipe and many more at these parties.
If you like this post, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed.