It’s the end of the month and we’re are completely out of grocery money. Therefore, there was no shopping this weekend and we’re eating whatever’s in the house. Yesterday I made a whole chicken in the crockpot and we have two large breasts (hee hee) left over. So we sauteed some onion and red peppers, put them in a wrap with chicken, bbq sauce, and cheddar cheese, and we had dinner. So easy, and so good. This is one of those meals we remember to do every once in a while when the planets align perfectly.
I didn’t measure how much we used, so the amounts are approximate.
BBQ Chicken Wrap
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/3 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp oil, for sauteeing
- 2 Tbsp barbeque sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute about five minutes. Add the red pepper and saute another few minutes. Add the chicken to heat it through.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave for a few seconds to make it pliable. Divide the chicken/vegetable mixture among the two wraps, drizzle each with bbq sauce and top with cheddar cheese. Roll up like a burrito.
Prep ahead tips: It’s always a time-saver to have pre-cooked chicken available.
You can find this recipe and many more at these parties.
If you like this post, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed.