I’m always on the hunt for something new and exciting for breakfast. I kept hearing about overnight oats on many of the healthy-eating blogs I read but had my reservations about it. Cold oatmeal just didn’t appeal to me at all. Blech.
I decided to try it anyway, and I’m so happy I did. Since I first made it three weeks ago, I’ve had overnight oats at least 3 times a week. So in love with them. Here’s how I do it.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 frozen banana, defrosted (or 1/2 very ripe banana, mashed)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Combine oats, milk, and yogurt in a bowl (mason jars are also great for this). Refrigerate overnight.
- When you're ready to eat, stir in the banana and chia seeds, and top with a dollop of peanut butter.