This recipe is so easy I’m almost embarrassed to be posting it. But it was great this weekend when I didn’t have any chicken thawed and nothing on my menu plan was sounding good. A quick search on the internet showed me a couple of salsa chicken recipes, so I just sort of mixed them all together and came up with this one.
I admit, this dish doesn’t photograph so well, but trust me when I tell you it’s really delicious, really easy, and even the little guy liked it.
Creamy Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (no need to thaw ’em if they’re frozen!)
- 1 small can corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained
- 1/2 block cream cheese, cut into chunks
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in bottom, top with salsa, corn, and black beans. You don’t need to stir but you can if you want to.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, but a half-hour before it’s done, stir cream cheese into the crockpot mixture.
- Serve over rice (preferably brown) and enjoy!
Now that you have your future dinner plans, it’s time to party. The rules are simple:
- Please link up no more than two recipes.
- I’d love it if you’d follow me on Facebook and/or Google Friend Connect.
- Please have a link back to me on your post. I’ll be featuring three links this weekend, but I can only feature you if there’s a link back.
- Click around, have some fun, and get inspired!
Like this post? How about a Stumble?