Month #2 of the Secret Recipe Club and I’m just LOVING it! SRC is basically like a Secret Santa, but with recipes. You get assigned a blog and get to pick any recipe to make, and then someone gets your blog assigned to them, and they pick one of YOUR recipes. The most fun part is on Reveal Day when you get to see who was assigned to you, and what recipe they chose.
My chosen blog this month was Making Memories With Your Kids. Erin is a single mom to two kids, and she makes the CUTEST food for them. From these silly hot dog octopi to these absolutely adorable carrot patch cookies, Erin makes all those recipes that make kids giggle. My son would LOVE it if I made such creative food.
The recipe I chose to make was her Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites. I used organic chocolate sandwich cookies, since that’s what I had in the pantry, so that makes it healthy, right? And neufchatel cheese, instead of the full-fledged cream cheese. These came in at 1 PP each, which really is FANTASTIC for a little sweet bite at the end of a meal. It didn’t hurt that it was super easy.
- 21 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 6 oz neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese) – original recipe called for 3 oz but I found that I preferred the taste with more cream cheese
- Square or circle pretzels
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- jimmies (aka sprinkles, whatever you call them)
- Grind up cookies and cream cheese in a food processor until a thick paste forms.
- Lay pretzels out on a cookie sheet and top each with 1 tsp of the cookie mixture. Put another pretzel on top to make a sandwich.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth (about 30 seconds). Dip pretzels in melted chocolate, and then cover chocolate with jimmies/sprinkles.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
These don’t store super well because I found that the pretzels lost their crunch by the next day, so it’s best to eat them the same day you make them.
This post is linked to Beauty and Bedlam, Blessed with Grace, Who is Laura, Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just a Housewife, 33 Shades of Green, Add a Pinch, EKat’s Kitchen, Food Trip Friday, Joyful Stamper, Alli N Son, and Today’s Creative Blog.
Like this post? How about a Stumble?