Easiest dinner EVER. I bought the shrimp a while back on clearance and stuck it in the freezer. I defrosted it this weekend and figured I’d do something with it. I had a few peppers in the fridge, and a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s so I thought I’d make some barbeque shrimp skewers. I’m so glad I did. It took almost no time and it was DELICIOUS.
Barbeque Shrimp for Two
- 12 large shrimp, deveined and tails cut off
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (or to taste)
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 4 wooden skewers
- Combine shrimp and barbeque sauce in a bowl and set aside in the refrigerator. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut peppers into one-inch chunks.
Put shrimp and peppers on skewers. You can put all the shrimp on two skewers, and all the peppers on the other two skewers. Or, you can alternate shrimp and peppers on each skewer. Whatever floats your boat.
Grill 2-3 minutes on each side. I used my Foreman grill so it took a bit longer than a typical outdoor grill might. Adjust your grilling time if you find they’re cooking more quickly.
Remove from skewers and serve immediately. Top with more barbeque sauce, if desired.
Like this post? How about a Stumble?