My husband’s favorite dessert is German Chocolate Cake. He loves it so much that he asked his aunt to make her “famous” German Chocolate Cake as his groom’s cake at our wedding. It was delicious. Of course. But I sort of get tired of it. I mean, it’s always the same. So when I stumbled on this recipe when I was looking for something a little different, I could immediately tell it would be a winner. Oh boy was it.
Crunchy, creamy, soft, crisp. It had such a wonderful mix of textures. It was amazing. With that ingredient list, it couldn’t be bad!
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box (18 To 21 Oz. Box) Devil’s Food (or German Chocolate) cake mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1-¼ cup water
- ¼ cups vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound box powdered sugar
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 x2 pan; line with waxed paper and then grease the paper.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans in the bottom of the lined pan.
- Combine cake mix with eggs, water and oil. Mix well. Pour over the coconut and pecan layer.
- Melt cream cheese and butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Add the powdered sugar and mix until creamy. Spoon mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn cake onto a serving plate. Remove and discard the waxed paper.
Like this post? How about a Stumble?